[SailfishDevel] Next meeting on SailfishOS, open source, collaboration: 20-January 2015 @ 15:00 UTC

Iekku Pylkka iekku.pylkka at jolla.com
Tue Jan 20 15:59:34 UTC 2015


============================================================================
#mer-meeting: SailfishOS, open source, collaboration meeting: 20-January 2015
=============================================================================


Meeting started by iekku at 15:00:25 UTC. The full logs are available at
http://merproject.org/meetings/mer-meeting/2015/mer-meeting.2015-01-20-15.00.log.html
.



Meeting summary
---------------
* Introduction of meeting participants (5 min)  (iekku, 15:00:37)
  * iekku pylkk�, developer community & developer care @ jolla, chairing
    today  (iekku, 15:00:57)
  * Thomas Ruecker, community member  (tbr, 15:01:03)
  * Andrea Bernabei, nemomobile contributor and jolla user  (faenil,
    15:01:10)
  * Siteshwar, community  (situ, 15:01:29)
  * Simonas Leleiva, sailor, #sailfishos-porters  (sledges, 15:02:00)
  * Philippe De Swert, Jolla  (phdeswer, 15:02:10)
  * Carol Chen, community chef @ jolla  (cybette, 15:02:16)
  * Pami Ketolainen, developer @ Jolla  (pketolai, 15:03:25)
  * Martin Kolman, community member  (M4rtinK_jolla_, 15:04:20)
  * Fabio Isgrò, community  (dr_gogeta86, 15:04:33)
  * Joe Justen, community  (Joe____, 15:04:39)
  * François Kubler, community (France)  (daitheflu, 15:05:24)
  * Lucien Xu, France  (SK_work, 15:05:31)
  * Lucien Xu, community  (SK_work, 15:05:38)
  * Aleksi Suomalainen, nemomobile contributor  (locusf, 15:06:17)
  * Mohammed Hassan, FOSS guy and Jolla guy!  (MSameer, 15:06:49)
  * Artem, greedy app guy on the wait for developer program  (artemma,
    15:07:11)

* Bring back Nemo middleware discussions to public places -Andrea
  Bernabei / faenil (20 min)  (iekku, 15:07:28)
  * Kimmo Lindholm , late?  (kimmoli, 15:09:29)
  * Dirk, also late  (dirkvl, 15:09:40)
  * middleware discussions used to happen in #nemomobile  (iekku,
    15:10:05)
  * it is cool that Jolla still "commits in the open", but that is only
    part of the game. discussion should be also done in public.  (iekku,
    15:12:37)
  * Leif-Jöran Olsson, the even later one  (ljo_, 15:12:48)
  * to summarize this long story short: This is a friendly reminder to
    be more open, more visible, more proactive.  (tbr, 15:14:27)
  * long story in the full log, see faenil's introduction  (tbr,
    15:15:04)
  * in the last few months nothing at all happened in this direction, it
    would be cool to see Jolla asking their employees to discuss public
    matters in public places, like it used to happen before Jolla
    launched  (faenil, 15:15:31)
  * there were mentions of "we're working on it" but the momentum seems
    to have died down again  (tbr, 15:15:56)
  * iteration planning results should be shared in more detailed level
    (= MW level) so community could help  (iekku, 15:23:28)
  * preferably they should be translated into mer/nemo bugzilla tickets,
    to maintain visibility and encourage open work  (tbr, 15:23:59)
  * ACTION: enacting and enforcing policies is homework for jolla, the
    company  (iekku, 15:26:10)

* FOSDEM Mer / SailfishOS meal (10 min) -  David Greaves /lbt  (iekku,
  15:28:30)
  *
    https://together.jolla.com/question/75543/fosdem-2015-community-events/?answer=75575#post-id-75575
    (tbr, 15:30:15)
  * cybette will help with poll  (iekku, 15:39:55)

* General discussions - everyone (10 min)  (iekku, 15:40:12)
  * we will allow from update 11 onwards libsndfile, libbz2 and SDL2
    libs, as for the update 10 libs, please allow us a few days to have
    Harbour QA ready to take them in, after the update 11 release to
    devices. For details about which SDL2 libs see the following link:
    (iekku, 15:40:24)
  * LINK:
    https://github.com/sailfish-sdk/sdk-harbour-rpmvalidator/commit/d542eee0da4a0c2959fc6ed30073de984454af58
    (iekku, 15:40:28)
  * LINK:
    https://github.com/sailfish-sdk/sdk-harbour-rpmvalidator/commit/0c33b0a29b316efde6a7094d825c388fa51ce949
    (iekku, 15:40:31)
  * LINK:
    https://github.com/sailfish-sdk/sdk-harbour-rpmvalidator/commit/7f77fdfa679a3d1dca47d2589c61389a8d51a1e9
    (iekku, 15:40:34)
  * SDL2 currently suffers from a bug if SDL_Renderer is used. A fix for
    it will come in a later update, until then avoid using SDL_Renderer.
    See also
    https://together.jolla.com/question/55000/sdl2-test-application-wont-render/?answer=76670#post-id-76670
    (iekku, 15:40:37)
  * libbz2 has high chances also to be allowed in update 11, follow
    https://github.com/sailfish-sdk/sdk-harbour-rpmvalidator/pull/51
    (iekku, 15:40:41)

* Wrap up and next meeting (5 min)  (iekku, 15:50:36)
  * next meeting in 2 weeks: 3-February 15:00 UTC, chair: cybette
    (iekku, 15:56:24)

Meeting ended at 15:57:07 UTC.




Action Items
------------
* enacting and enforcing policies is homework for jolla, the company




Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * enacting and enforcing policies is homework for jolla, the company




People Present (lines said)
---------------------------
* iekku (70)
* SK_work (51)
* tbr (47)
* faenil (37)
* lbt (30)
* sledges (19)
* cybette (16)
* M4rtinK_jolla_ (15)
* dr_gogeta86 (12)
* Beankylla (7)
* artemma (4)
* kimmoli (3)
* merbot (3)
* daitheflu (3)
* phdeswer (2)
* Teunwinters (2)
* Joe____ (1)
* MSameer (1)
* situ (1)
* ljo_ (1)
* kontio (1)
* netvandal (1)
* dirkvl (1)
* pketolai (1)
* locusf (1)




Generated by `MeetBot`_ 0.1.4

.. _`MeetBot`: http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Meetings


From: devel-bounces at lists.sailfishos.org [mailto:devel-bounces at lists.sailfishos.org] On Behalf Of Iekku Pylkka
Sent: 19. tammikuuta 2015 21:49
To: Sailfish OS Developers
Subject: [SailfishDevel] Next meeting on SailfishOS, open source, collaboration: 20-January 2015 @ 15:00 UTC

Ahoy!

Thanks to everyone who responded on
https://together.jolla.com/question/54157/sailfishos-open-source-collaboration-meeting-planning/

Here's the invitation/agenda for tomorrow's meeting:
Date: 20 January 2015
Time: 15:00 UTC, for your local time: http://bit.ly/1Azu9qe
Duration: 50 minutes
Chair: Iekku Pylkkä (iekku)
Location: #mer-meeting on Freenode IRC

Those without an IRC client can access it here:
http://webchat.freenode.net?channels=mer-meeting

Current proposed topics:
* Intro (5 min)
* FOSDEM Mer / SailfishOS meal (10 min) -  David Greaves /lbt
* Bring back Nemo middleware discussions to public places -Andrea Bernabei / faenil (20 min)
* General discussions - everyone (10 min)
* Wrap up and next meeting (5 min)

Please familiarize yourself with the topics before the meeting, as well
as the common Meetbot commands https://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot (it's
used for meeting management and logging)

Thanks and see you tomorrow!

Br,
Iekku
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.sailfishos.org/pipermail/devel/attachments/20150120/5a2a2cfb/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Devel mailing list