[SailfishDevel] Roadmap for Qt 5.4 support?

Alejandro Exojo suy at badopi.org
Wed Jan 14 20:42:16 UTC 2015

El Tuesday 13 January 2015, Daniel Beck escribió:
> Hello,
>
> Qt 5.4 introduces the new Qt Webengine. This an essencial feature because
> Qt Webkit lacks many features and has many bugs that makes it quite
> impossible to publish good HTML5 apps on Jolla. In my case, I'm looking
> forward to it to make my game "Green Mahjong" work better on Jolla. (For
> the moment, it sucks a lot because of QtWebkit).
>
> My question is: when will jolla support Qt 5.4?

I would not hold my breath. Think of this: QtWebkit is a browser engine
wrapped in Qt. Qt WebEngine is another one (Blink). Jolla has their browser
based on a third browser engine. Linux distributions are not specially happy
with Qt WebEngine:

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.kde.talk/1126

I would expect Jolla to be at the same level of discomfort, or more. :-(

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) | GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2