[SailfishDevel] Audio stream playback fails after device lock/power save

Kaj-Michael Lang milang at tal.org
Wed Jan 14 17:13:03 UTC 2015

I've just noticed an issue with streaming playback and power saving.

My radio streaming app works fine when the device is active, but soon
after the screen is locked (about 2-3 seconds) and blanked the stream
start to stutter and after a while the connection is lost.

If I keep playing around to keep the device active the playback works
fine.

Do I need to do something to tell the device to not go into such a deep
sleep or is this a bug in the power saving ?
IMHO the OS should notice, that ok that app is doing audio playback/have
an active network connection and not go into too deep sleep.

--
Kaj-Michael Lang <milang at tal.org>