[SailfishDevel] defining version number only once

Luca Donaggio donaggio at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 08:21:36 UTC 2015

This is the way I solved #1:

a) in your .yaml add the lines:

QMakeOptions:
- VERSION=%{version}

b) in your .pro add the lines:

# App version
DEFINES += APP_VERSION=\"\\\"$${VERSION}\\\"\"

c) in your .c's main() function add the lines:

    QScopedPointer<QGuiApplication> app(SailfishApp::application(argc,
argv));

    app->setApplicationVersion(QString(APP_VERSION));

d) now your app's version is available in QML through

Qt.application.version

On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 5:44 PM, Alfonso Martone <alfq at bk.ru> wrote:

>  Sorry to ask here, but I wasn't able to get some official guidelines.
>
> 1) Version/Release numbers:
>
> - I have to place them both in the *.yaml *file (for RPM build) and in
> some *.h* or *.qml *source (to show it in some "about" dialog): is there
> a way to define the Version/Release numbers in a *single* file of the
> project, making them available to C++, QML and RPM-build ?
>
> 2) from time to time my software has to write some output file (collected
> data) that the user may use in another app:
>
> - is it correct to save in *$HOME/Documents* ?
>
> Thanks.

Luca Donaggio