[SailfishDevel] Sailfish OS porting request

Cathal Garvey cathalgarvey at cathalgarvey.me
Mon Feb 16 11:07:06 UTC 2015

At least Android was open by then.. ;)

I'm more interested in seeing Glacier, as I doubt the Jolla guys will
ever open Sailfish/Silica if they have not already. The stack just under
Silica/Sailfish though, is amazing. A phone with GNU Coreutils and
Python pre-installed! That's really all I've ever wanted.

On 16/02/15 10:47, Luis Manuel Ramos Da Costa wrote:
> Don't be so negatif :) Remember that Android with the same age wasn't as
> good and as inovative as SailfishOS (I had a HTC Dream I know what I
> suffered xD)
>
> Best Regards,
> Luis Da Costa

> <mailto:goulagman at gmail.com>>:
>
>     Hi Himanshu,
>
>     Since Sailfish OS doesn't even work well on the Jolla, I would
>     suggest you to stick to Android if it's your only phone ;). I've
>     been using it since the beginning and I'm counting days to my next
>     birthday so I can ask for an Android device.
>
>     My 2 cents,
>
>     Alexandre.
>
>     On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 3:17 PM, Anand.R.Kris <anandrkris at gmail.com
>     <mailto:anandrkris at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>         Hi Himanshu,
>
>         I suggest the below forums for discussions related to installing
>         SailfishOS on other mobiles.
>
>          1.
>
>             IRC channel #sailfishos-porters where you can get help.
>
>          2.
>
>             http://forum.xda-developers.com/jolla-sailfish/general
>
>          3.
>
>             http://talk.maemo.org/
>

>         On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 4:18 PM, Himanshu Shahi
>         <himanshugeekyguy at gmail.com <mailto:himanshugeekyguy at gmail.com>>
>         wrote:
>
>             Hello I am fan of Sailfish OS , I don't own a Jolla device
>             but can I ask you to officially support our device. Its
>             called Xiaomi Redmi 1S. I know you wouldnt consider the
>             request of one person but still can you port a Sailfish OS
>             to the device. Please

>         --
>         Cheers,
>         Anand Radhakrishnan
>         When there is a drive, there is a path. [C:\>]

Scientific Director, IndieBio Irish Programme
  Got a biology-inspired business idea that $50,000 -
  & 3 months in a well equipped lab could accelerate?
  Apply for the Summer programme in Ireland:
  http://indie.bio/apply-to-ireland
Twitter:  @onetruecathal
Phone: +353876363185
miniLock: JjmYYngs7akLZUjkvFkuYdsZ3PyPHSZRBKNm6qTYKZfAM
peerio.com: cathalgarvey