[SailfishDevel] Error starting VM

Cathal Garvey cathalgarvey at cathalgarvey.me
Sun Feb 15 18:42:25 UTC 2015

Hi all,
I'd like to get started playing with SFOS SDK with a view to getting a
phone and developing for Glacier and Sailfish. I wanted to play a bit
with the VM that comes with the SDK, but am getting bugs..

So, I clicked the start-emulator button in the QTCreator SDK, and I get
the following startup messages, then it freezes and goes no further (as
in, black screen with white monospace font saying the below):

[    0.000000] tsc: Fast TSC calibration failed
systemd-fsck[62]: system: clean, 23245/262144 files, 244244/1048575 blocks
[   12.297269] piix4_smbus 0000:00:07.0: SMBus base address
uninitialized - upgrade BIOS or use force_addr=0xaddr

I could just try what's suggested and add the force_addr boot option
(where?) but isn't this supposed to just work?

I'm using virtualbox 4.3.22 as installed from virtualbox.org "generic
linux 64 bit" on Linux Mint Debian Edition 64 bit; loosely Debian Jesse
but about a year out of date (thanks Linux Mint..).

Any help in getting this booting to a home screen appreciated, would
love to play with this and see about developing some simple demo apps.

Best,
Cathal

--
Scientific Director, IndieBio Irish Programme
  Got a biology-inspired business idea that $50,000 -