[SailfishDevel] Sending SMS via Telepathy: Error "Channel Dispatcher .. does not support interface CD.I.Messages"

christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch
Tue Aug 11 15:09:57 UTC 2015

Hi Matt

Having spent some hours pouring over the nemomobile TelepathyQt /
Mission-Control code in Github, it looks to me like
TelepathyQt and MissionControl master branches are out of sync (and
hence the packages on my Jolla will also be out of sync).

https://github.com/nemomobile-packages/telepathy-mission-control/tree/master/telepathy-mission-control/xml
still has the interface in draft form
(Channel_Dispatcher_Interface_Messages_DRAFT.xml), but in TelepathyQt
the equivalent is now Channel_Dispatcher_Interface_Messages1.xml (i.e.
"undrafted").

I have also had a peek in the collabora git for
telepathy-mission-control, and find these 2 commits that undraft the
interface on the mission-control side.

https://git.collabora.com/cgit/freedesktop.org-mirror/telepathy/telepathy-mission-control.git/commit/?id=ba72fef52e9769e3da6b7f4dddbb8ffdc1cecdde
https://git.collabora.com/cgit/freedesktop.org-mirror/telepathy/telepathy-mission-control.git/commit/?id=d24d5591801b9b874cc328c7d516a86e50a1bc2e

I guess that the Telepathy modules previously on my device both had the
interface in DRAFT form which explains why the code previously worked.

What is the best way of reporting this? https://bugs.nemomobile.org/ ?

Chris