[SailfishDevel] Build a Model with "fixed" items + "dynamic" ones

François K. daitheflu at free.fr
Fri Apr 17 10:24:56 UTC 2015

Hi Lucien,

Thanks a lot for your blazingly fast answer :D

> Can't you simply make the hard-coded entries dynamic too. Just add a
> column in the db saying that these entries are the hardcoded ones ?

Sadly, nope, I can't hard-code them in the database because they are entry point to a different view on the same data.

To make things more clear, I'm building a to-do app. The first screen is a list where the first items are : "Today", "Overdue", "Completed", "Trash", ...
And then, I want to have the list of "Projects" (which are gathered from the database entries).

"Today", "Overdue", etc... can't be added as Projects in the database, it makes no sense :(

> And when doing db stuff, don't forget to use transactions. It can
> help speeding up stuff a lot.

Thanks for this advice. I'll do my best to respect this and use transactions everywhere.

Cheers,

--
François