[SailfishDevel] BlueZ upstreaming?

Hannu Mallat hannu.mallat at jolla.com
Mon Sep 15 08:09:45 UTC 2014

Hi Bob,

I had a look at the Tizen bluetoothd changes Javier mentioned and like he said there's a bunch of LE changes, as well as Tizen specific non-LE changes. Besides that there are some bugfixes which are already in Sailfish and other non-Tizen-specific code.

I haven't yet looked at the kernel side of things, but as Javier said 3.4 as such is too old so some changes would be needed there too.

Changes need to be read through (Tizen bluez repositories lack meaningful commit history which makes that a bit more difficult) and tested before being applied to mer repository; need to cut the diff into smaller pieces as it's way too large to handle in one chunk.

Adding a big feature like LE to Sailfish would need to be done first in an experimental branch since a renewed Bluetooth qualification is needed when new features are added or existing ones significantly modified in the codebase officially used by Jolla.

BR,
H.