[SailfishDevel] Use of other aspects of Qt

Chris Sparks mr_ada at cox.net
Sun Nov 23 17:21:04 UTC 2014

Alejandro Exojo wrote:
> Why are you asuming that Widgets will be fast and QML will be slow?
I really wasn't thinking that.  Just that I am more familiar doing my
programming using code instead of the scripting of QML.
> QtQuick is designed from the ground up to be extremely fast will all
> the eye candy. This example is from qtquick1 (which is still slower
> than QtQuick2 on Qt5): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr5FuGhTqm8
> Doing that with QGraphicsView is doable, but much harder than this:
> http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/declarative-ui-components-dialcontrol.html

I tried to convert it over to Sailfish and it wasn't as straight forward
as I thought.  I'll have to learn more about how Sailfish uses QML and
how to put objects inside of it.

Chris

---