[SailfishDevel] Right to silence

Filip Kłębczyk fklebczyk at gmail.com
Fri May 23 07:44:27 UTC 2014

W dniu 23.05.2014 09:02, Jarko Vihriala pisze:

>I don't deal with developer relations or alike - for that there is Iekku and other people.

In practice Iekku almost gave her voice completely to Stefano on this
mailing list when it comes to developer relations. Also community
manager Carol Chen didn't write anything on this matter. I wonder what
for are those functions/titles (developer care relations, community
manager) if those persons don't speak at all on this important matter
impacting both developer relations and community.

I hope Jolla finds courage and will agree to publish all the mails
Developer Care sent and also if Iekku agrees to publish her mails she
sent to me on this case with dates (if she doesn't want the mails from
Developer Care are enough). Then everybody will be able to judge himself
if the topic was ignored or not (facts Stefano, facts that you wanted,
don't you?).

The problem as it seen from the last mails is complex and deserves fair
treatment. Again there was my proposal for mediation, which wasn't
discussed at the meeting as I've asked.

Also I don't think that statements saying that this problem is a
complete private thing between me and Thomas Perl are correct. If
Carsten said that one of the reasons that I cannot work in Jolla is his
fear that Thomas would probably exit the company, when I would join,
then I think it clearly shows the conflict affected decisions made on
company side at least by Carsten.

Also Carsten has written in his mails:
"I understand that there may be two schools of thoughts here - that the
person on the other side of the McDonalds' counter is a faceless
automaton only there to serve customers.. or that the person on the
other side of the counter is a human with feelings, relations, rights
and worries."

Ok so you are stating here that there are two approaches where someones
private area can or not influences his work. If you prefer second option
then the big problem is to what point it can influence his actions at
work when having personal conflicts. Where is the border?

Let me give you an example if someone works in Ministry of
Enviroment/Ecology and after hours throws trash to the forest, how would
you call that? What ministry should answer if someone asks about that
duality?

If someone as employee talks about hacking event on Together (Jolla
official communication channel) and then on IRC of that event says
(privately or not) that he excludes one of the community members from
taking part in that event, how do you call that? Do you see similarities
with the previous example?

So taking the two cases into account:
a) Thomas trying to exclude me from the event (let's assume privately)
b) Thomas not answering only my questions (answering others) on official
channel (Harbour was pointing to it) as Jolla employee

1. If someone will state that work and private areas influence each
other, then you are giving power to point a), that can be considered as
discrimination/abuse.

2. If someone will state (opposite to point 1) that work and private
areas can be completely divided/separated then you give power to point
b) as a discrimination.

You see inconsistency in Jolla behavior? It's logic, something with what
technical people should be familiar with.

Regards,
Filip