[SailfishDevel] Python in Jolla Harbour and repositories ?

Roberto Colistete Jr. roberto.colistete at gmail.com
Thu May 22 23:39:24 UTC 2014

     Hi,

     Will Python applications be accepted in Jolla Harbour with the new
update 6 / 7 planned for June ? The Together.Jolla.com topic :
https://together.jolla.com/question/6116/python-application-support-in-jolla-store-harbour/
doesn't give a date.

     The wiki Sailfish/Python Development :
https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Sailfish/Python_Development
is updated, listing 14 Python applications released for Sailfish,
available at OpenRepos.net. It would be nice to also have them on Jolla
Harbour.

     I also would like to be maintainer of some of these Python packages
(modules) :
https://build.merproject.org/project/packages?project=home%3Arcolistete
and include (mainly SymPy and IPython) in default Jolla repositories
(nemo:devel:mw ?) :
https://build.merproject.org/project/show?project=nemo%3Adevel%3Amw
What is the procedure ? Some months ago I was told by IRC : "basically
you ask w00t to create a repo for you in nemomobile github and then
setup a webhook which builds it in mer OBS". Is it the same now ?

     "python3-sympy" package (30 MB after installation) is used by
Integral, Derivative (released today) and Limit, and can also be used by
other future applications. IPython 2.0 package is obviously a must for
any developer using Python on device.

         Best regards,

         Roberto