[SailfishDevel] qtsvg imageformat not registered for first launch of app

Simon Persson simonpersson1 at gmail.com
Tue May 6 06:20:12 UTC 2014

Hello!

My game submission to harbour was recently rejected, I'm bringing up the issue here because
I suspect the issue lies outside my app. Please help me either confirm this suspicion or point
me to where my app could be missing something.

The problem:
1. On a clean OS installation, install the game rpm.
2. Launch game from home screen menu.
3. Problem: The QML "Image" component fails to load any SVG images used in the game.
4. Quit the game.
5. Restart the game from launcher again.
6. Now it works, SVG files do load. Quit the game again.
7. Uninstall both the game and the dependancies "qt5-qtsvg" and "qt5-qtsvg-plugin-
imageformat-svg".
8. Reinstall game, pulling in qtsvg again... this time the SVG files loads successfully on first
attempt.

I have not been able to figure out what it is that happens on first run of the game, which
permanently alters the OS installation in such a way that the problem never re-appears.

I have looked at the qtsvg spec-file from fedora to see what they do on post-install.... they
only run ldconfig. My finding is that plugins are not seen by ldconfig and are not mentioned in
/etc/ld.so.cache.... so something else is missing on first run.

I also got the feedback from jolla that this problem only happens when started from launcher,
not from cli. This would hint that the booster has something to do with this problem.

I hate to point blame at others without being sure... so please tell me if anyone knows
something more I should have done... this is the content of my game:
- SVG files compiled into binary via qt resource system.
- executable that loads SVG files using Image QML component.
- yaml file with these lines:

PkgConfigBR:
- Qt5Multimedia
- Qt5Svg