[SailfishDevel] [Not TLS] [Update] Changelog for SailfishOS update 4 (1.0.4.20)

Mohammed Hassan mohammed.hassan at jolla.com
Tue Mar 18 15:23:37 UTC 2014

On Tue, 18 Mar 2014 14:22:19 +0000
Graham Cobb <g+jolla at cobb.uk.net> wrote:

> On 17/03/14 18:52, Bernd Wachter wrote:
> > we're finally releasing update4 today. The changelog can be found
> > (and commented on) here:
>
> Aaargh!  You moved the mountpoint for the sdcard.  And it isn't even
> predictable now!!!  I didn't find that in the changelog.

I apologize for that. It seems that has slipped :/

> Please, please, please, please provide a (supported) softlink in the
> /home/nemo directory to the sdcard.  I call the softlink "My SD Card"
> and it works very well (or did, before you screwed around with the
> mountpoint).

the SD card will be mounted under /media/sdcard in a directory named
after the UUID of the partition. This was done in order to guarantee
that tracker can identify the partition uniquely.

You can put the link as you want. Just make it point to /media/sdcard
or even /media/sdcard/<UUID> and it should stay the same as long as you
don't reformat the card.

Also note that if you have more than one partition then all will be
mounted under /media/sdcard/ so there isn't even a guaranteed single
partition to begin with ;-)

Cheers,