[SailfishDevel] Scheduling code for execution at x seconds since epoch

Ove Kåven ovek at arcticnet.no
Sun Mar 16 12:48:17 UTC 2014

Den 15. mars 2014 23:55, skrev Arvid Fahlström Myrman:
> I'm thinking about trying my luck with nemo-keepalive's KeepAlive, and setting
> its enabled property to true when insomniac triggers to guarantee that timer
> also triggers.

If you're going with nemo-keepalive, then you shouldn't need insomniac
at all, since from what I understand, nemo-keepalive offers the same
functionality (BackgroundActivity's setWakeupFrequency would probably do
the same thing). And by using nemo-keepalive's setWakeupRange instead of
setWakeupFrequency, you have better control over when exactly you are
woken up. (Perhaps you can even set the range's min and max to the same
value to always get woken up at the exact time you want, worth a try.)

Another option is to interface with nemo's time daemon, which is
probably what the native Jolla clock does for its alarms. Linking to it
doesn't seem to be allowed in Harbour yet, but in any case, the daemon
and C++ library's source code is at https://github.com/nemomobile/timed,
and there seems to be a QML interface to it at
https://github.com/nemomobile/nemo-qml-plugin-alarms