[SailfishDevel] Regarding %ghost directive

Iosif Hamlatzis i.hamlatzis at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 07:48:14 UTC 2014

I've checked the link and as I understand it doesn't take wildcards, so if
I don't know beforehand the names of the files that will be created at
runtime then I'm in big trouble.

Also the folder I store my data files according to this link
https://harbour.jolla.com/faq#2.14.0 is $XDG_DATA_HOME/<MyGameName> when I
added in my .spec file with the %ghost directive packaging failed and
according to the above link it states

"You must not hardcode */home/nemo/* or *$HOME/.config/*, etc. - use the Qt
5 QStandardPaths, GLib convenience methods or the xdg-helper library to
determine the paths. This will make sure your application keeps working for
sandboxed use cases, multi-user use cases as well as multi-profile
single-user use cases."

So which is the proper way to have the folders
*$XDG_CONFIG_HOME/<HARBOUR_APP_NAME>*   and
*$XDG_DATA_HOME/<HARBOUR_APP_NAME>*    and
*$XDG_CACHE_HOME/<HARBOUR_APP_NAME>*      removed automatically when
removing my game?

These three folders aren't automatically created on installation and as I
understand I have to create them at run-time on my first run if I want to
use them.