[SailfishDevel] Folder permissions

Iosif Hamlatzis i.hamlatzis at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 17:33:46 UTC 2014

When deploying a game/application where should its resources
(images/sounds/settings files) be stored so that the game/application can
have both read and write permissions?

I tried to use the /usr/share/$$(TARGET) folder where $$(TARGET) is the
name of my game but it seams the game doesn't have permissions on this
folder. Not even read permissions.

I use:

FILE* pFile = fopen("/usr/share/MyGame/Home/settings.bin", "r+b");
and pFile is NULL, I know the file exists because I ssh into the emulator
and my resources are all there under the folder, so the deployment
succeeded but I notice the owner and the group is root although I would
have expected something like nemo.