[SailfishDevel] Recent update improvements?

Chris Walker cdw_nokiaqt at the-walker-household.co.uk
Mon Jun 23 18:40:30 UTC 2014

On Mon, 23 Jun 2014 19:06:56 +0300
Juha Kallioinen <juha.kallioinen at jolla.com> wrote:

> On 23.06.2014 18:52, Chris Walker wrote:
> > On Mon, 23 Jun 2014 16:51:17 +0300
> > Juha Kallioinen <juha.kallioinen at jolla.com> wrote:

> >> The reason was to prevent accidental state savings.
> >>
> >> You can still save its state by opening the VirtualBox manager
> >> window and selecting the menu option (Close/Save state) for the
> >> running Emulator. It's a bit more difficult to choose and that
> >> should make it a more deliberate action.
> > Just to be clear on this, you are referring to the option to save a
> > single state with Ctrl-V rather than a permanent change to re-enable
> > the option to save the state.
>
> I think so... how do these differ in operation? I think they do
> exactly the same thing?
>
> If you want to re-enable the three options in the shut down dialog,
> you can do this (including the quotes) on your host command line when
> the Emulator is not running:
>
> $ VBoxManage setextradata "SailfishOS Emulator"
> "GUI/RestrictedCloseActions"
>
> But I will keep shipping the Emulator with just the one option
> enabled also in the future releases.

That's fine. I understand the reasons for that. But I like to be able
to have my system run as I like it, so I appreciate the hint about
changing it back to 'as was'.

Now, another question. When did the ability to jump to the top or bottom
of a list happen? I have only just noticed it so I'm assuming it
happened with the latest update. In case you're not clear what I mean,
it's when I scroll a long list, some icons appear enabling me to jump
to the top or bottom of the list. Perhaps it was this question -
[SailfishDevel] Scroll Indicator - from February 14 2014 that prompted
it ;-)