[SailfishDevel] Qt 5.2 in devel

Alejandro Exojo suy at badopi.org
Sat Jun 21 14:21:39 UTC 2014

El Wednesday 18 June 2014, Robin Burchell escribió:
> Sorry folks. This wasn’t intended to be posted here, but, have a slight
> visual on what’s going on behind the curtain anyway. :)

I hope everything went well and nobody phoned you in the middle of sleep. :)

> tl;dr: Qt 5.2 upgrade is on the way in the nearish (but not immediate)
> future

How come that you are not skipping 5.2 and going straight to 5.3? IIRC, you
had some patches on top of 5.1, so I understand that rebasing them is a lot of
work. Skipping a release might be harder now, but maybe is worth it later on.

I'm pretty sure you know what you are doing, but I fear you might end up with
non-upstreamed things and end up with the problem the SDK has, that is some
releases behind what Qt Creator is upstream, for example.

Cheers.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) | GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2