[SailfishDevel] Deploy QSQLite database

Saija Saarenpää setelani at live.com
Wed Jun 18 06:41:28 UTC 2014

Hi,

What comes to having datalocation path variable in the .pro file:
I was having similar thoughts when I wanted to install something in the writable storage location, but I was corrected. Nothing should be installed in the home directory with the application, but under application directory /usr/share/harbour-yourappname/. There can be also subdirs under that location. Then, at runtime, you can create the writable storage location if it does not exist, and copy or create stuff there. Preferably the app would not pre-install any data, but everything would be downloaded / created runtime. That would be the ideal though, not always applicable.

- Saija
@setelani
matrixx #sailfishOS

Lähetetty iPadista