[SailfishDevel] problem with SDK version 5 June 2014

Juha Kallioinen juha.kallioinen at jolla.com
Fri Jun 13 07:14:08 UTC 2014

On 12.06.2014 20:35, Iosif Hamlatzis wrote:
> I uninstalled previous SDK and did a clean installation of the latest
> SDK (SailfishOSSDK-Alpha-1406-Qt5-windows-offline.exe) under Windows
> XP SP3
>
> Compilation now fails with error:
>
> error: Failed build dependencies:
>
> pkgconfig(sdl2) is needed by harbour-wanted-1.0.1-1.armv7hl
>
> pkgconfig(glesv1_cm) is needed by harbour-wanted-1.0.1-1.armv7hl
>
> pkgconfig(SDL2_image) is needed by harbour-wanted-1.0.1-1.armv7hl
>
> pkgconfig(SDL2_ttf) is needed by harbour-wanted-1.0.1-1.armv7hl
>
> pkgconfig(SDL2_mixer) is needed by harbour-wanted-1.0.1-1.armv7hl
>
> pkgconfig(audioresource) is needed by harbour-wanted-1.0.1-1.armv7hl
>
> pkgconfig(glib-2.0) is needed by harbour-wanted-1.0.1-1.armv7hl
>

> I have used zypper command line utility to install the normal and
> development libraries for SDL2, SDL2_image, SDL2_ttf, SDL2_mixer,
> glib-2.0, audioresource, glesv1_cm and glesv2 libraries.

Hi, where and how exactly did you install those packages?

The MerSDK virtual machine has two scratchbox2 build targets where the
packages should be installed using the sb2 command. You can also use
zypper to install exactly what you're seeing in the failure. Here's an
example of how to install packages to the arm target:

First ssh to the MerSDK virtual machine as user mersdk and then:

[mersdk at SailfishSDK ~]$ sb2 -t SailfishOS-armv7hl -R -m sdk-install
zypper install 'pkgconfig(sdl2)'

This makes the sdl2 development files available to the arm build target.
You should do the same for the other build requirements.

I'm guessing here, but perhaps you have installed the packages to the
MerSDK virtual machine and not in the build target?

Looking at your spec file below, I can see that it is not compatible
with the Qt Creator based approach we have. That approach requires that
the project is a Qt project with a .pro file and a qmake step (which
would automatically install the build dependencies to the build target).

If you are familiar with IRC, you are welcome to join #sailfishos
channel in freenode for a more interactive discussion with other
developers. It's difficult and slow to try to solve problems over e-mail
in a case where the project is not what the SDK is directly supporting.

Best regards,
  Juha