[SailfishDevel] SDL2 without OpenGL, nothing but a black screen

Lauri Nurmi lanurmi at iki.fi
Tue Jun 3 21:27:07 UTC 2014

Ahoy,

I was coding something simple with 2D-only graphics using SDL2, and
noticed that drawing graphics that does work in the emulator, does not
work on the actual phone.

To demonstrate that, I copied the example code from
<https://wiki.libsdl.org/SDL_CreateRenderer>, added a Makefile and
hello.bmp, and placed those onto GitHub:
<https://github.com/lanurmi/sailfish-minimal-sdl>.

As also described in README.md, the sample runs fine in the emulator,
but fails to show anything but a black screen on the actual phone.
Additionally, if the |SDL_RENDERER_SOFTWARE ||flag is used instead of
SDL_RENDERER_ACCELERATED, the sample still runs on the emulator, but
causes a segmentation fault on the phone.

The phone is running 1.0.5.19.

Am I doing something wrong? (Can't imagine what that would be.)

Best Regards,
Lauri Nurmi