[SailfishDevel] sporadic bouts of "Could not connect to MerSDK Virtual Machine. Timeout waiting for reply from server."

Christopher Lamb christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch
Tue Jun 3 16:57:26 UTC 2014

Hi Juha

I am now on the train. Deployment also works with WiFi active, but not
properly connected.

This means that - at least in my case - adding SailfishSDK to the
/etc/hosts is a good fix for this error.

I think this is one for the Known Issues page.

I guess that (without the entry in /etc/hosts) active networking is
required for "SailfishSDK" to be resolved. Of course I could SSH in,
because I was using localhost as the machine name to connect (ssh -p
2222 -i ~/SailfishOS/vmshare/ssh/private_keys/engine/root root at localhost).

Thanks for your help and forebearance,

Chris