[SailfishDevel] Getting the cellular network parameters

Jarkko Lehtoranta jarkko.lehtoranta at jolla.com
Mon Jul 28 11:12:42 UTC 2014

On 28/07/14 11:50, Philippe De Swert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 28/07/14 11:44, Roman Florea wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> Does anyone know of any means to get the info about the cellular link
>> on the phone, like signal strength, RSRQ or whatever is available?
>
> Ofono should know a number of those things.
>
> A basic set can be queried from the command line like this:
>
> dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=org.ofono /ril_0
> org.ofono.NetworkRegistration.GetProperties
>
>> Is there something similar to what android offers in telephony
>> <http://developer.android.com/reference/android/telephony/package-summary.html>?
>>

> There might be more high level stuff like that available, but I don't
> know about that.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Philippe

The same information is also available via the statefs system
(/run/state/namespaces/Cellular/).

Signal strength is provided by Ofono as 0-100% value. If you want to
know the RSSI in dBm, you have to convert the percentage value first to
the ETSI TS 127 007 RSSI 0-31
(http://www.etsi.org/deliver/etsi_ts/127000_127099/127007/11.08.00_60/ts_127007v110800p.pdf)
format and finally from that to dBm.