[SailfishDevel] SailfishOS SDK install to /opt

Juha Kallioinen juha.kallioinen at jolla.com
Mon Jul 14 07:47:22 UTC 2014

On 12.07.2014 11:02, Marcin M. wrote:
> Why do the mersdk/MerSDK and emulator/SailfishOS Emulator directories
> have 700 permissions? It makes the VMs unaccesible.

Those folder rights are correct. 700 means that the user has full
read-write-exec rights to the directories. The SDK works only for a
single user because of how the virtual machines get set up so you cannot
have two or more users on the same machine using it. It also means that
the user who installs it, needs to be the user that uses it.

It's hard to guess what might be the problem and if possible, I suggest
a reinstall.

First uninstall the SDK and after that open up the VirtualBox manager UI
and check that the MerSDK and SailfishOS Emulator virtual machines have
really been removed. If they are still there, manually remove them.
Furthermore before reinstalling, remove the configuration folder with:
rm -rf ~/.config/SailfishAlpha4

Best regards,
  Juha