[SailfishDevel] Jolla Launcher on Galaxy S2

Kondou kondou at ts.unde.re
Tue Jul 8 18:59:11 UTC 2014

> Hi there,
> here is my feedback on the Jolla Launcher for the Galaxy S2
> I installed Cyanogenmod on my Galaxy S2, that brought Android 4.3
> So the Launcher worked here and all is pretty.

You should rather post this on https://together.jolla.com/ using the tag
jolla-launcher, instead of this development centered mailing list.

> I just have one recommendation, It seems to be just a gui layer? as the
> kernel and device info stell speaks of android and the settings is as
> well from android.
>
> I would prefer to have as well the Jolla Sailfish OS updater in the
> launcher, so that the updates can be installed like on the other half phone.
>
> Would be cool to have the OS updater as well in the launcher and to
> overwrite the android kernel fully.
>
> Thanks.

That's what the jolla launcher is about. Testing the sailfish feel
without installing sailfish os on your device. Besides that, this would
be doable at all with just a simple app.