[SailfishDevel] How to flick horizontally and vertically in one view?

Tobi D. schlaraffenland at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 29 22:53:08 UTC 2014

Hi there,

I've got another question on how to develop apps for SailfishOS.

Please have a look at Jolla Calendar app. There you can flick horizontally between months and you can flick down pulley menu, also from the month part on top of the view. If there are many events in a day, the whole view is vertically scrollable.

I want to implement a similar behavior in my app. Content of the view may be scrollable vertically and there shall be a pulley menu. By pushing left and right, the content shall flick to the content of the next respective previous week.

I wonder how this works. I tried several things, but I don't know which components to combine to get this behavior. One possible solution is to use push buttons to go to previous/next week, but that's not very SailfishOS like.

Maybe you can give me a clue. Or is it possible to have a look at the source code of Jolla Calendar app?

Best regards,
Tobi