[SailfishDevel] App own C++ plugin equivalent to Silica Theme

christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch
Tue Jan 28 21:06:51 UTC 2014

Hi Thomas

I was hoping you would answer 8-)

The .js route did occur to me, but I initially decided to make that "Plan B".

As the list of UX constants will be used by most of the QML files in
my project, a shared js script (i.e. defined as .pragma library) would
seem to be the way to go. But I was put off by an earlier thread that
implied that .pragma js scripts could not access QML elements.

If that thread was correct, then I could not use a .pragma js script
to access Sailfish Theme constants. This implies that if I want the UX
list to be able to access Sailfish Theme, it cannot be shared.
However, I guess that the true hit on memory use is in making such a
library non-shared may not be so important, but I need to do some more
reflecting on that.

In the Qt Project link that your provided, there is a cryptic comment
that I find interesting:

"
In particular, this may be useful in order to access functionality
provided via a singleton type; see qmlRegisterSingletonType() for more
information.
"

How is the Sailfish Theme registered?

I am also intrigued by the fact that in the early SDK Alphas we had to
import Sailfish.Silica.theme in every qml file using Theme properties,
but now Theme has become globally available without any need for an
explicit import. How is that achieved?

Grüsse

Chris