[SailfishDevel] Harbour compliant way to read contacts

Bernd Wachter bernd.wachter at jolla.com
Sun Jan 26 18:48:24 UTC 2014

Gabriel Böhme <m.gabrielboehme at googlemail.com> writes:

> So Jolla get's punishment, because a user want's to use HIS Contacts,
> because they are fetched from 3rd party service, the user put HIS
> contacts?! - Wow strange.

Technically it's app access, but obviously it boils down to some
services not wanting you to freely do with your data what you want.

> But making "added by hand" contacts is/could be possible? And what about if
> the user have to accept that a app wants to use his contacts from 3rd
> party? Maybe verifyed with soöe kind of JollaContactAccessAPI. So that an
> app can use the ContactsAPI just with a valid token, or something like
> that. :)

This may or may not be allowed by the 3rd party services, so would
always be service specific.

Our plans for contacts are to first make all local contacts available to
your applications, and then fine-tune how we're dealing with contacts
from 3rd party services.