[SailfishDevel] How can I setup calendar access via QML ?

Ove Kåven ovek at arcticnet.no
Sat Jan 25 16:48:27 UTC 2014

Den 25. jan. 2014 13:55, skrev Matthias Barmeier:
> Hi,
>
> do you mean that all these packages:
>

> qt5-qtdeclarative-pim-organizer
>
> qt5-qtdeclarative-pim-organizer-debuginfo
>
> qt5-qtpim-organizer
>
> qt5-qtpim-organizer-debuginfo
>
> qt5-qtpim-organizer-devel
>
> qt5-qtpim-versitorganizer
>
> qt5-qtpim-versitorganizer-debuginfo
>
> qt5-qtpim-versitorganizer-devel
>

> are obsolete or am  I unable to use them from QML ?

Like Andrey, I'm convinced they are not used on Jolla. If you check,
you'll see that none of these QtOrganizer packages are installed by
default on the actual Jolla device, nor depended on by jolla-calendar.
Since I can find no QtOrganizer backend to interface with the actual
calendar, I'm pretty sure that trying to use QtOrganizer will not work
in any useful way, even if you can access it from QML.

> Do you have a hint where I can found an example on how to access the
> calendar with nemo.mobile.org ?

For an example, you could always install jolla-calendar into your Jolla,
ssh into it, and look under /usr/share/jolla-calendar to study their QML.

Or you could, if you like, study the source code of
org.nemomobile.calendar at
https://github.com/nemomobile/nemo-qml-plugin-calendar/tree/master/src

If you don't know C++, here are a few tips for finding what you need:

In plugin.cpp, search for "qmlRegister", to find out which components
are available to QML. "qmlRegisterType" registers a type you can create
from QML, and "qmlRegisterSingletonType" registers a global object you
can access, much like the "Theme" object.

Then you can look in the .h files for the declarations of these types.
Look for Q_PROPERTY to find the properties, Q_INVOKABLE to find the
methods you can call, and the "signal:" section for signals you can add
handlers for (e.g. if there's a "eventChanged" signal in C++, then
there's a "onEventChanged" signal in QML).