[SailfishDevel] LED Flash functionality on a real Jolla

Mohammed Hassan mohammed.hassan at jollamobile.com
Wed Jan 22 21:05:47 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 08:29:19PM +0100, christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch wrote:
[...]
> Solution 3)
>
> Via a Gstreamer QML Plugin.
>
> I dug out some old code that worked on Harmattan, basically the code
> from this link to create a qml plugin
>
> http://developer.nokia.com/Community/Wiki/How_to_turn_your_camera_flash_into_a_torch_on_Harmattan_using_GStreamer
>
> On Sailfish this compiles, but gives the following error when I
> start the torch.
>
> (GSTTorch:708): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_element_set_state:
> assertion `GST_IS_ELEMENT (element)' failed

This is not the recommended way but it's the only way to get flash light to work but I have to
warn you that it wil prevent your app from entering harbour. You will also have to make use
of resource policy engine to arbitrate access to camera. Failing to do so will lead to breaking
jolla camera app.

Simply replace subdevsrc with droidcamsrc and use droideglsink as the sink and
it should work fine.

Cheers,