[SailfishDevel] OpenGL Under Selica QML

Wim de Vries wsvries at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 22 08:37:29 UTC 2014

Hi,
Some time ago Thomas Perl was so kind to supply us with an example
'OpenGL Over QML'.
It uses the afterRendering() signal.
I am trying to use the beforeRendering() signal (including
setClearBeforeRendering(false)), but I get no OpenGL output.
It works with standard (non-Selica) QML.
I have the strong feeling that this is impossible because the
ApplicationWindow, Page or other Silica items do paint the whole screen,
overwriting the OpenGL area.
Am I right?
If yes, is there a way to get around it?
Basically I want the (Silica) QML painted (partly transparent) over the
OpenGL.
Thanks.

wim