[SailfishDevel] QStandardPaths not working when app is run from Launcher

Vesa-Matti Hartikainen vesa-matti.hartikainen at jolla.com
Mon Jan 20 09:19:38 UTC 2014

Hi,

  I think QStandardPaths use applicationName and organizationName when
constructing paths.

  So solution would be something like
     app->setApplicationName("harbour-yourapp");
     app->setOrganizationName("harbour-yourapp");

  And then QStandardPaths will start giving paths that follow harbour
guidance.

BR,
  Vesku

On 01/19/2014 05:32 PM, Robin Burchell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can you please provide a small sample demonstrating this? As I'm quite
> sure it works for our own uses.
>
> BR,
> Robin
>
> On 19 Jan 2014, at 14:34, Sylvain B. <sthocs at hotmail.com
> <mailto:sthocs at hotmail.com>> wrote:
>
>> Hey,
>> My app did not want to read the some cached content it was supposed
>> to have written inQStandardPaths::CacheLocation.
>> To understand why, I tried to run it from the terminal, and...
>> everything is working fine.
>> Since we don't have logs when we run the app directly from Launcher,
>> I updated it to display some logs directly in the UI and I figured
>> out that, when the app is run from the Launcher on the actual device
>> (it's ok on the emulator), QStandardPaths does not work correctly:
>>
>> QStandardPaths::CacheLocationreturns
>> /home/nemo/.cache/mdeclarativecache_pre_initialized_qapplication-XXXXX
>>
>> XXXXX is a random number, so each time I run my app, it creates a new
>> one.
>> When run from terminal,QStandardPaths::CacheLocationcorrectly returns
>> /home/nemo/.cache/
>>
>> I tried withQStandardPaths::DataLocationbut it's the same, I get
>> /home/nemo/.local/share/AppName/mdeclarativecache_pre_initialized_qapplication-XXXXX
>>
>> So for the moment, I temporarily hardcoded /home/nemo/.cache/
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Sylvain.

Vesa-Matti Hartikainen
Jolla Oy