[SailfishDevel] GPS initially shows old location

christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch
Fri Jan 17 20:49:09 UTC 2014

Hi Juha and Marcel

Thanks for your valuable hints.

I should have said that I am using PositionSource from QMl. So unless
I have missed something (always possible) I don't get the timestamp.

The longitudeValid and lattitudeValid are the next things I will test.

In the future it might be possible to use SatsInView / SatsInUse, but
SatelliteInfoSource is not yet available...

To prove / disprove the indicated behaviour I did a little test

1) GPS activated and position acquired in the little big city, then
turned off.

2) On the train on the way home, at least one city further on, GPS reactivated

a) First reading --> this is still the little-big-city, and 29.5 kms
away from the true location
47.3937924
8.48578765

b) Next reading --> GPS Acquired, now in the field next to the railway
line, close to true location (subsequent readings get even more precise)
47.5051796
8.84221178

--> Conclusion: The GPS Location immediately shown is the last
reading. Depending on how far the Jolla has travelled since then, this
reading may be wildly misleading.

Grüsse

chris