[SailfishDevel] Release versioning best practice?

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 09:28:11 UTC 2014

As far as I understand, the notation used is
major.minor.patch-packageversion, with the packageversion  reserved
for the packager (changes to spec/yaml/ files).

Since you are both the packager and the developer, you can always leave it to 0.
Maybe, if you only fix packaging issues without touching the code, you
could bump it instead of the patch version.

I would bump the patch version number, and reset the packaging number to 0.

Best regards,
Luciano

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 11:15 PM, Thomas Tanghus <thomas at tanghus.net> wrote:
> When packaging a bugfix release what is the best practice?
>
> 1. Just bumping the release number so the package name goes from harbour-
> appname-0.1-1.armv7hl to harbour-appname-0.1-2.armv7hl
>
> 2. Bump minor version from e.g. harbour-appname-0.1-1.armv7hl to harbour-
> appname-0.1.1-1.armv7hl
>
> 3. Both version and release from harbour-appname-0.1-1.armv7hl to harbour-
> appname-0.1.1-2.armv7hl
>
> --
> Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards
>
> Thomas Tanghus

Luciano Montanaro

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on
no account be allowed to do the job. -- Douglas Adams