[SailfishDevel] Random white screen issue, app has passed QA

Reto Zingg reto.zingg at jolla.com
Tue Jan 14 08:37:40 UTC 2014

Hi,

On 14.01.2014 10:34, Reto Zingg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 14.01.2014 10:21, Kaj-Michael Lang wrote:
>> Got my first app into the Harbour, works for me and obvisouly for QA
>> too. But about 1/2 of the comments are people complaining that all they
>> get is a white screen. That most likely is some error in the qml, a
>> import plugin missing, but how can that be if QA passed it ? Any ideas?
>>
>> Oh, and the app in question is Y-Radio.
>>
>> Or better yet, anyone on list that experiences the problem ? Could you
>> start it from the terminal and send me any error messages that might be
>> printed ?
>>

> seems you use:
> import QtQuick.XmlListModel 2.0
>
> that is not by default on device. Add a dependency to:
> qt5-qtdeclarative-import-xmllistmodel
>
> that should fix it.
>
> We need to investigate how that could get pre installed to the device of
> the Harbour testers.

Testers also need finger term to be able to install the rpm. Fingerterm
depends on qt5-qtdeclarative-import-xmllistmodel:

rpm -q --whatrequires qt5-qtdeclarative-import-xmllistmodel
fingerterm-1.1.8-1.7.1.armv7hl

That's how the qt5-qtdeclarative-import-xmllistmodel came into the image
the testers use.

br
Reto