[SailfishDevel] GPS not turned off if app exits without stopping the GPS

Aaron McCarthy aaron.mccarthy at jolla.com
Tue Jan 14 00:13:24 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 00:01:40 Marcel wrote:
> my app is far away from being a test object ;) I've just created the C++
> source to check if it is giving me two different accuracies (vertical and
> horizontal) and I never removed it. But if that found a bug, I'm glad that I
> could help... :D
>
> Sorry to be slightly offtoppic, but a small question on this: what would be
> the best practice then if I would need the position in QML and in C++, or in
> two different pages in QML? Shouldn't I use two PositionSources? I have
> this problem for my app if I want to show the position in the app cover...

To use a single PositionSource object you need to place it in a scope that is
accessible from both your cover and application pages.

Having two or more PositionSource objects works but unnecessarily increases
the resources (memory, processing, and IPC communications) used by your
application. Which is why I would suggest using one.

> And as you can see in the archive page, all your mails have gone to the
> mailing list, the one you've forgotten the CC you had added it to the To
> field.

Force of habit, I usually only reply to the list.

Cheers,

--
Aaron McCarthy