[SailfishDevel] Application output looks different for Real device and Emulator

Alejandro Exojo suy at badopi.org
Sat Jan 11 18:55:20 UTC 2014

El Saturday 11 January 2014, christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch escribió:
> Notice the difference? On the Emulator each line is prefixed with a
> [D] or a [W], but on the Jolla only some of the lines are!

There is a setting (environment variable, or function call in your
application) to make the output of qDebug and friends (qWarning, qCritical)
look different. Seems libsailfishapp overrides it, because the default doesn't
print the [X] prefix. Also, in my app I called qSetMessagePattern, and it
changed only on the desktop version, so I guess libsailfishapp changes it
again.

Also, it might be possible that at runtime the environment variable changes it
again.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) | GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2