[SailfishDevel] Scriptlets in RPM hot allowed to Harbour

Mike Sheldon mike at mikeasoft.com
Sat Jan 11 16:40:43 UTC 2014

Hi Marcin,

On Sat, 2014-01-11 at 16:49 +0100, Marcin M. wrote:
> So how else can we update sudoers...? No custom package manager could
> be done without it.

 As I understand it you don't need to be root to carry out package
management tasks on Sailfish due to the way it implements packagekit,
which you can communicate with via dbus. Take a look at pkcon as an
example of a command line packagekit client, you'll notice that running
"pkcon install foo" or "pkcon remove bar" all works as the normal nemo
user. In addition to this "ssu" can be used to add new repositories.

 You might also want to checkout the new warehouse client for an example
of a custom graphical package manager:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=1404764&postcount=194

Cheers,
 Mike.