[SailfishDevel] Scriptlets in RPM hot allowed to Harbour

Alejandro Exojo suy at badopi.org
Sat Jan 11 16:20:19 UTC 2014

El Saturday 11 January 2014, Alejandro Exojo escribió:
> El Saturday 11 January 2014, Andrey Kozhevnikov escribió:
> > There are reasons for chmod 666 in /usr/share/appname
>
> There are reasons for being 666 permissions, I got that, but isn't it
> possible

After reading Thomas' message, I've realized that I've misread the value for
the permissions triplet. 666 is totally wrong for /usr in my book too.

If it's of any consolation, I understand that you may be working around some
of the obvious limitations that the platform and harbour have. I wanted to do
an alarm clock, and there is no API for that ready for Harbour approval. I can
only imagine that you might be doing "tricks" or hacks for making Mitakuuluu
cool.

As he said, at this point the best we can do in the long term is making some
of the modules in Nemo more stable and mature, to the point that Jolla
considers them good enough to be whitelisted. But that's of course very
frustrating, and has the clear disadvantadge that there will be not many
interesting applications in the Store in the short term.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) | GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2