[SailfishDevel] Harbour QA process...

Reto Zingg reto.zingg at jolla.com
Fri Jan 10 14:06:24 UTC 2014

Hi,

On 10.01.2014 15:56, Martin Windolph wrote:
> Hi,
>
> oh, thanks for the information and sorry then for hijacking this thread.
> I thought that it was just an assumption that Audio was the reason.
>
> How can I find out if it's audio that is preventing suspend mode
> (emulator or device)?
>
> So Audio output seems to be really a problem in Sailfish OS. I'm using
> the QML "Audio" Element of QtMultimedia. Isn't it supported? I use Audio

as Robin wrote in
https://together.jolla.com/question/421/qaudiooutput-isnt-integrated-with-system-volume-and-libresource-like-qmediaplayer/#post-id-6991
this combination is an issue at the moment.

But David found a workaround for that at least for his application,
which passed store QA.

checkout his main.qml from:

https://build.merproject.org/package/files?package=screenshot&project=home%3Albt%3Asailfishos

he does something like:

ffmpeg -ar 48000 -t 0.1 -f s16le -acodec pcm_s16le -ac 2 -i /dev/zero
-acodec copy noSound.wav

ApplicationWindow {
         Audio {
             id: noSound
             source: "/usr/share/harbour-screenshot/noSound.wav"
         }
         // workaround a bug in QtMultimedia
         Component.onCompleted: noSound.play()
     }