[SailfishDevel] How to install user (controlled) data files for my app avoiding /usr/share

Wim de Vries wsvries at xs4all.nl
Thu Jan 9 22:27:33 UTC 2014

Thanks Thomas for the explanation.
Indeed, I think I will stick to a minimal persistent data set  to enable
the user to play with.
For the open/free data I will have a look at SF.
The maps created by the user (with an accompanying  desktop application)
will have to be copied to sailfish via USB to a dir in $XDG_DATA_HOME.
The good thing is that I am not in a hurry, don't expect many pilots
with a Jolla for now :-)
And, in the long term ... A pilot Other Half!

wim