[SailfishDevel] Possible to play video with gst-launch?

Jens Persson xerxes2 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 21:59:50 UTC 2014

As noone has replied yet gst-launch is probably not supporting video
streams ... yet. :) Great tool for debugging pipelines and codecs so
hopefully it will get fixed some day. Sailfish is the first time I'm using
Wayland natively and I'm not sure if there exists windows in Wayland like
on X or if it's called something else, surface perhaps? Anyway, the
Sailfish UX doesn't seem to give gst-launch a "window" but to be fair I
think Sailfish is the first OS ever to use Wayland by default so I'd guess
that Jolla's devs haven't figured everything out yet either. And they
depend upstreams on Qt so they might not be able to fix this issue anyway
as it could be a Qt problem (just guessing).

Greets Jens