[SailfishDevel] lipstick-jolla-home-qt5 license and copyrights

Andrey Kozhevnikov coderusinbox at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 19:34:37 UTC 2014

Hello!

I just want to ask about lipstick-jolla-home-qt5 package license,
copyright and other.

I hacked lipstick binary qml content and made a patch for supporting
other devices with non-portrait framebuffer orientation. As you know on
Nokia N9 system gestures rotated to 90 degrees clockwise, because
lipstick don't care if Portrait is primary orientation or not.

I can't release it to public without Jolla permissions, also i have poor
hopes about adding my (or more complex ones) fixes to lipstick, but why
not to ask? :)

There are four ways:

1. Jolla making fix for supporting non-portrait framebuffers in lipstick.
2. I'm releasing patched lipstick with patched resources inside, if
distribution of internal qml resources of lipstick is permitted.
3. I'm releasing patched lipstick with unpacked qml resources, patched
lipstick will use qml files outside binary.
4. I'm not allowed to do [2] or [3], Jolla wont do [1] and nobody except
me and some of my best friends will use this fixes.

Opinions?