[SailfishDevel] How to install user (controlled) data files for my app avoiding /usr/share

Reto Zingg reto.zingg at jolla.com
Thu Jan 9 16:02:51 UTC 2014

Hi,

On 09.01.2014 12:25, Wim de Vries wrote:
> Thanks.
> On 01/09/2014 09:36 AM, Luciano Montanaro wrote:
>> Maybe make the application download the map on the first run?
> mm..
> I cannot afford time/money for a server + support.

if the data is 'free' (in the sense you don't want to specially protect
them) you could place it on e.g. http://sourceforge.net/ for download?
Or do they have now a days some limits (size, per/day/month) or so?

Or some git hoster, like github, gitorious, code.google.com etc... guess
also needs some check that it's not abusive...

br
Reto