[SailfishDevel] No inbox?

Chris Walker cdw_nokiaqt at the-walker-household.co.uk
Thu Jan 9 15:22:19 UTC 2014

On Thu, 09 Jan 2014 17:02:17 +0200
Valerio Valerio <valerio.valerio at jollamobile.com> wrote:

> On 09/01/14 16:05, Chris Walker wrote:
> > On Tue, 7 Jan 2014 13:39:49 +0000
> > Chris Walker <cdw_nokiaqt at the-walker-household.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > [mega snip]
> >> I have also just replied to AL13N (alien at rmail.be) closing this
> >> thread so we'll leave it there.
> > Final comment on this. I created another new email account called
> > jolla at the.. and went through the usual rigmarole of setting it up
> > via the GUI. It failed to send. I then asked for help from the email
> > hosting company who told me that no attempt had been made to log
> > into the SMTP server. They suggested various tweaks to the
> > settings, all to no avail although I did receive different errors
> > on the phone.
>
> What are the smtp settings you used for android mail app ?

I followed these instructions - http://www.daily.co.uk/support?id=1021
which is what I had already followed when trying to setup email on the
native accounts program (daily.co.uk is my hosting company).

What I find a little frustrating is that when trying to setup IMAP for
cdw_pcmail at the.. the phone would send but not receive - hence no inbox
which is where this thread started - but now when I have created
jolla at the... it can receive but not send. But I'm using all the same
settings with the same server names and so on (for those UK readers, I
am reminded of the Morecambe and Wise sketch with Andre Previn!).

Even more frustrating is that K9 uses the same settings and just works.

So doesn't that imply that something on the phone is broken? But what?