[SailfishDevel] Qt Creator Yaml file editor loses new entries

Artem Marchenko artem.marchenko at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 20:41:38 UTC 2014

Technically I think it's a feature, QtC plugin just doesn't expect .yaml to
be changed in a way you changed it :)

Anyway, someone from Jolla team already told they were going to disable the
.yaml autoupdate or at least make it optional. Meanwhile version control is
your friend. Or as I also do it, I keep .yaml open in the text editor, so I
can Undo changes there.

/Artem

On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 9:39 PM, Sven Putze <sailfish.os at hardcodes.de> wrote:

> Oh, it's a bug?!
>

> https://together.jolla.com/question/10996/bug-qt-creator-reorders-yaml-file-for-no-apparent-reason/
>
> BR.
> Sven
> On 06.01.2014, at 00:39, Thomas Tanghus <thomas at tanghus.net> wrote:
>
> > On Sunday 05 January 2014 14:12 Putze Sven wrote:
> >> IMHO the .yaml file is (partly) rewritten if something changes in your
> .pro
> >> file,
> >
> > Which is good to start with, but f***** annoying in the long run, firstly
> > because it's writing full paths as in /usr/share instead of %{_datadir}
> and
> > insists in making those "corrections" every time you touch the .pro,
> secondly
> > because it makes any kind of Continuous Integration close to impossible
> if you
> > have the IDE open when it's is running.
> > Causes a loop between SDK IDE noticing .pro has been **touched**, not
> edited,
> > and then updating the .yaml, ending up in git conflicts.
> > *Sigh* - I spend the better part of last night trying to figure out
> where my
> > very simple scripts went wrong, until I found out it was the freaking
> SDK that
> > was messing with me :D
> >
> > Sorry, kinda OT but otherwise SDK related ;)
> >
> > --
> > Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards
> >
> > Thomas Tanghus

Artem Marchenko