[SailfishDevel] No inbox?

Chris Walker cdw_alug at the-walker-household.co.uk
Sun Jan 5 17:25:27 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2 Jan 2014 11:18:45 +0000
Chris Walker <cdw_nokiaqt at the-walker-household.co.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, 02 Jan 2014 12:50:08 +0200
> Jonni Nakari <jonni at egarden.fi> wrote:
>
> > On 02.01.2014 12:23, Chris Walker wrote:
> > > As I appear to be the only one with this problem, it's plainly not
> > > something that should trouble the development team.
> > I had a similar problem when I tried adding my free Gmail account
> > using Microsoft Exchange account type. No errors were displayed when
> > creating the account or checking mail.
> >
> > I might have also seen this problem when I mistyped some settings on
> > a imap type account, but not sure about that.
> >
> > I suggest that you re-create and double check all you account's
> > settings. You might get some additional debug information by
> > enabling the developer mode and running "journalctl -f -a" as root
> > when first saving the account and when checking for new mail.
>
> This is an IMAP account.
>
> It is now declaring 'Problem with sync' so that does suggest a typo
> somewhere but I have checked and rechecked all the account
> information. I'm tempted to take a look at the accounts.db file to
> see what that holds.

I'm almost at the stage of throwing this thing away! It is *so*
frustrating to use that it beggars belief at times.

If I'm in the middle of setting up an email account and the screen
blanks (after 5 seconds and not the 30 seconds it's set to!), why when I
double tap to get back, does it revert to the home screen? I expect it
to be like most other equipment I've used, phones included and to go
back to where I left it.

But the real frustration is the email setting stuff. I *still* haven't
managed to get the thing to log into my IMAP account despite the fact
that I can do it on a Windows 7 machine, the linux machine, a
Blackberry Playbook and my N900 phone. They *all* show all the folders
on the IMAP account and yet the Jolla won't. I've created the account
countless times, both by ssh'ing in and doing it by the command line and
also by using the GUI. It always displays 'Problem with Sync'. So as I
also have an email account on the Playbook I used those settings and I
can see all the folders that are present on that account (also IMAP).
But having received an email into it, when I replied it wouldn't send. I
*think* that initially was a problem with my router for some reason so
having toggled the power to that I tried again. The message in the
outbox would not send despite using the same settings as the PB. So I
switched the settings on the Jolla to use the smtp server specified for
my landline (the same that the linux and Windows machine use) but it
still wouldn't send. I deleted the reply and recreated it and this time
it did go. To me, that implies that the message holds details of the
outgoing server and whatever I did, is never likely to make it send.

So some questions.

Can I reduce the number of accounts held in the sqlite database as the
number is already up to 7 and I only have 2 email accounts, one of
which doesn't work and the other one will be deleted?

Second question. Does the email hold details of the outgoing server
until it's sent?
[I do see messages in the terminal 'OfonoNetworkRegistration' there
was more to that but it's scrolled off screen too far to recall].

Third question and one that's been posed here before and that is, how
do I set the password for IMAP from the command line without using
push2mail and also, I would also like to be able to check the password.
Is there any way?

CDW