[SailfishDevel] Is pragmatically taking a screenshot possible?

Thomas Tanghus thomas at tanghus.net
Sun Jan 5 23:21:03 UTC 2014

On Sunday 05 January 2014 13:42 James Mugford wrote:
> Is it technically possible to create an app that can take a screenshot
> of the home screen or device viewport?
>
> It is for the purpose of creating something technologically similar to a
> water screen saver.

I've no big knowledge of the subject, but I guess the easiest approach is to
use dbus to grab the screenshot.
>From the "grabscreen" script on the device, the cli command is something like:

   dbus-send --type=method_call --dest=org.nemomobile.lipstick \
     /org/nemomobile/lipstick/screenshot org.nemomobile.lipstick.saveScreenshot string:"$filename"

Where $filename is the file to save to. Maybe other methods than saveScreenshot
is available? I have no idea how to query for available methods.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Tanghus