[SailfishDevel] Best way to access SailfishOS provided icons?

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 20:41:00 UTC 2014

It would be nice to have a reference of the icons available, with the
names, the sizes, and their intended (or acceptable) use.
Should we add a "together" item for it?

The icons are installed on the emulator and SDK, so it is easy enough
to have a peek at them...

But having them in some style guide would be helpful as well.

Icons are installed under
"/usr/share/themes/jolla-ambient/meegotouch/icons". There are
interesting bits that seem to hint there are a few applications in the
work... If they have not been canned. (FM radio, internet radio,
weather notification...)

On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 8:28 PM, Andrey Kozhevnikov
<coderusinbox at gmail.com> wrote:
> use icon.source: "icon://theme/icon-m-iconname"
>

> On 03.01.2014 01:27, Sven Putze wrote:
>>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> with the OS comes artwork and to be more specific: there come icons. What
>> is the intended way to reuse those icons in own apps? Yes they are in the
>> filesystem somewhere, I could read them from there. But what if their
>> filename or location changes? This would break my app. I could copy them
>> over to my app. This can [*] be a copyright problem, this would lead to
>> duplicates everywhere.
>> Is there an API to access those OS specific icons? If no, is there
>> anything planned? Or did I simply miss it in the SailfishOS documentation?
>>
>> BR.
>> Sven
>>
>> [*] Haven't checked that in detail

Luciano Montanaro

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on
no account be allowed to do the job. -- Douglas Adams